Literature Circles are a great way to get students talking about books!
I have created these task cards that students complete when they read a passage, then they come together with their group and share their work.
Here are the jobs:
1. Discussion Director: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
2. Artful Artist: Choose an important passage from the book, illustrate that passage and write why you chose it.
3. Map Maker: Title, Setting, Characters, First Event, Second Event, Last Event, Solution/Conclusion
4. Compare and Contrastor: Pick two items and tell your group their similarities and differences.
5. Passage Clarifier: Pick a passage from the book, practice reading it fluently, write why you chose this pasage.
6. Character Analyzer: Personality Traits, Physical Traits, and Characters' Actions.
7. Vocabulary Enricher: Pick 5 words that were important, you didn't know, or that are from something we have learned in class (noun, onomatopeia etc). Write the page and paragraph and why you chose it.
8. Main Idea Magician: Find the main idea of the passage and 4 supporting detais.
9. Inference Maker: Use you schema and evidence from the text to make an inference.
10. Summarizer: Beginning, Middle, End, Setting, Main Characters, Problem/Solution, Characters' feelings
11. Investigator: Think about something from the passage that you want to learn more about. Research that topic and find facts using a computer or another book.