This set of activities accompanies Dav Pilkey's funny holiday tale, 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving. If you don't already have this book, check it out from the library. Your students are sure to love its rhyme and hysterical "rescue scene!"
After reading the story, there are a variety of age-appropriate, open-ended literacy activities to choose from in this packet that support the expectations of the Common Core State Standards:
• Story Elements (Characters and Events)
• Analyzing Characters (Character Map)
• Vocabulary Development (excited, concerned, sneaky, pleased)
• Sharing Opinions (Having and Explaining Opinions)
• Phonemic Awareness (Beginning Sounds and Syllables)
• Adapted Texts of the Original Story (Student Books for Early and Emergent Readers... The students illustrate their own copies.)
See the FREE PREVIEW for a better look at what's available in the download.
Thank you for your interest... Happy Thanksgiving! :)