This Literacy Activity pack has a variety of engaging activities (7+ activities with nearly 50 pages!) with little prep for use with Dr. Seuss's ABC Book! This is perfect for March is Reading month OR to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday! Whether you read his books on his birthday or do an author study for a whole week or all month long, this pack includes fun and engaging activities to practice letter recognition, beginning letter sounds, ABC order, writing, parts of speech, and handwriting.
My goal was to create a resource that that could be used many ways - whole group, small group, as a center, morning work, or for early finishers - and some of the activities even work with many of Dr. Seuss's books!
- ABC order (2 pages)
- Parts of speech sort (nouns, verbs, adjectives, and nonsense words)
- Real and nonsense word sort
- Dr. Seuss ABC classroom book (title page and blank individual letter pages)
- Big ___, little ____, What word begins with ____?
- Individual ABC student book (blank individual letter pages and pages that are already filled in)
- Beginning letter worksheet (add in letter and copy or have students write in their own letter and word/sentence to match)
- Handwriting pages (A-Z 2 pages; write upper and lowercase for each letter)
- Letter Match (match one red uppercase card to a teal lowercase card)
★ Pick and choose which pages you want to do, print, and you're all set! Print the letter matching cards on cardstock and laminate for durability.
To find out how I use this resource and for other Dr. Seuss ideas, visit my blog here:
Check out my St. Patrick's Day Math & Literacy Pack for 20 pages of absolutely NO PREP activities!
Don't forget to follow my store for notification of new products and sales!
Thank you for all you do!