Aim: To support young authors develop and understanding of the structure and function of a narrative fairy tale. To develop rich story ideas that contain magical elements; to become aware of the choices authors make when developing a story.
Subject links: Writing and genre/text type investigations, Social Studies – Cultural studies – stories that reflect beliefs.
Included in the resource:
• Genre facts about fairy tales
• Ideas for use – instructions (including two options to choose from for day four)
• Six key narrative element cards
• Five sets of illustrated 5-day cycles
• One set of blank 5-day cycle for student input or more differentiated approach
• Six theme cards/prompts and explanations