This literacy centers bundle for Kindergarten is an organized, carefully-designed system that will help you teach independence AND engage kids in meaningful literacy practice activities.
You can FINALLY stop the endless search for literacy centers and have all your materials in ONE place!
This bundle is for you if you want to:
- Teach your students to stay on task during literacy centers, independent work, or D5
- Provide meaningful, Kindergarten-friendly reading, writing, phonological awareness, phonics, and word activities for your students
- Ensure that students remember how to do activities through kid-friendly directions cards
- Stop boredom and disengagement with a variety of flexible, fun materials
- Easily differentiate activities to meet a range of needs
- Hold students accountable for their work
- Complement the curriculum / literacy instruction model you already use
- Get organized with schedules for introducing activities throughout the year
- Stop spending hours searching for literacy center activities!
Here’s what’s included:
- Tips and suggestions for implementing literacy centers in your classroom
- Tons of flexible activities for independent reading, partner reading, a listening center, a writing center, a reading response center, word work, and dramatic play
- A cover sheet for each core activity, with suggestions for differentiation, accountability, and ideas for changing up the activity to provide variety
- An introductory lesson plan and kid-friendly directions for every activity
- Ideas and templates for technology integration
- Editable schedules to help you plan your activities for the entire year
- Curriculum integration sheets to help you quickly find centers activities to match your literacy curriculum / literacy instruction
- Carefully-organized, consistently-structured files with an instructions video
This is not just “a bunch of centers” - this is a flexible system with lesson plans and materials to help your students stay on task, know what to do, learn, and have fun!
For a complete list of activities and materials, please click HERE!
You will definitely NOT need to print all of this resource! There are more activities included than you will likely use in a school year - so you can choose to print only the activities that are the best fit for your classroom. Color and B&W duplicates are also included, and each longer file includes a table of contents so that it's easy to print ONLY what you need. Also, there are many options for activities that don't require you to print anything (other than directions, if you like). This will help cut down on your paperwork!
To view the centers individually, please click on any of the links below:
Kindergarten Writing Center
Kindergarten Word Work Center
Kindergarten Partner Reading Center
Kindergarten Independent Reading Center
Kindergarten Listening Center
Kindergarten Reading Response Center
Kindergarten Dramatic Play Literacy Center