Literacy Centers, Word Work, Christmas
This resource includes 19 practice work printables for many different Christmas-themed word work activities, including:
1. Spelling Patterns (6 pages)
2. Connecting Words
3. Adding Prefixes One
4. Adding Prefixes Two
5. Using What You Know
6. Word Game
7. Taking Away Word Parts
8. Adding Suffixes One
9. Adding Suffixes Two
10. Adding Word Parts
11. Thinking About Root Words
12. Descriptive Language (3 pages)
These pages are great for big kids to practice Christmas-themed word work!
To see all the word work for big kids resources click the the link below:
Word Work for Big Kids
This resource is appropriate for grades 2-6.
The printable pages in this resource can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to review word work skills
* During guided reading small groups
* During independent reading time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ spelling abilities
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
To use with substitute teachers
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.