Literacy Centers for 2nd Grade | Complete Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
This organized, carefully-designed bundle of literacy centers for 2nd grade is a complete system that will help you teach independence AND engage kids in meaningful literacy practice activities. When you use this bundle, you can FINALLY stop the endless search for literacy centers and have all your centers in ONE place!
This literacy centers bundle is for you if you want to:
- Teach your students to stay on task during literacy centers, independent work, or D5
- Provide meaningful, developmentally appropriate reading, writing, and word study activities for your students
- Ensure that students remember how to do activities through kid-friendly directions cards
- Stop boredom and disengagement during literacy centers with a variety of flexible, fun materials
- Easily differentiate your literacy centers to meet a range of needs
- Hold students accountable for their work in literacy centers
- Complement the curriculum / literacy instruction model you already use
- Get organized with schedules for introducing activities throughout the year
- Stop spending hours searching for literacy center activities!
Here’s what’s included in the 1st grade literacy centers bundle:
- Tips and suggestions for implementing literacy centers in your classroom
- Tons of flexible activities for independent reading, partner reading, a listening center, a writing center, a reading response center, and word work
- A cover sheet for each core literacy center activity, with suggestions for differentiation, accountability, and ideas for changing up the activity to provide variety
- An introductory lesson plan and kid-friendly directions for every activity
- Ideas and templates for technology integration
- Editable schedules to help you plan your activities for the entire year
- Curriculum integration sheets to help you quickly find literacy centers activities to match your literacy curriculum / literacy instruction
- Over 2,500 total pages of carefully organized materials, consistently structured and with an instructions video
This is not just “a bunch of literacy centers” thrown together - this is a comprehensive, flexible system with lesson plans and materials to help your students stay on task, know what to do, learn, and have fun! These literacy centers REALLY work!
For a complete list of activities and materials included in this literacy centers bundle, please click HERE!
PRINTING: You will definitely not need to print all of this resource! There are more literacy centers included than you will likely use in a school year - so you can choose to print only the literacy centers that are the best fit for your classroom. Color and B&W duplicates for each of the literacy centers are included, and each longer file includes a table of contents so that it's easy to print ONLY what you need. Also, some of the literacy centers don't require you to print anything (other than directions, if you like). This will help cut down on your paperwork!
To view each of the literacy centers components individually, please click on any of the links below (all are for second grade centers):
Writing Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
Word Work Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
Partner Reading Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
Independent Reading Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
Listening Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
Reading Response Center (Literacy Centers That Work)
NOTE FOR COVID-19: For a free list of the literacy centers in this bundle that can be used in a "social distancing" classroom, click HERE!
Related Literacy Centers Resources:
For a Kindergarten version of this literacy centers bundle, click HERE!
For a first grade version of this literacy centers bundle, click HERE!
For Kindergarten no-prep "solo" literacy centers, click HERE!
For 1st grade no-prep "solo" literacy centers, click HERE!
For 2nd grade no-prep "solo" literacy centers, click HERE!
For a K-2 bundle of no-prep "solo" literacy centers, click HERE!