Products in this Bundle (2)
Celebrating Halloween during distance learning, remote learning, blended learning, or hybrid learning? Are you planning a Halloween class party in a socially-distanced classroom? These Nearpod activities are ideal for primary grade students and reading intervention students. They can be used during live Zoom/Google Meet lessons OR can be assigned to students to complete independently. It can be assigned to Google Classroom. This bundle is ideal for grade 1 but can also be used for grade 2 intervention or grade K enrichment.
The phonics fluency passages included in this bundle are perfect for literacy centers, morning work, warm-ups, fluency assessment, and daily 5. Assessments, teaching tips, and implementation ideas are all included with this product.
Have you ever used Nearpod to help support your literacy instruction? I HIGHLY recommend it!!! This is a great way for students to practice their phonics skills. Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
This product is a PDF file that includes a link to the lesson. Make sure to create a FREE Nearpod account first. Then, click on the link to save the lesson to your Nearpod lesson library. The lesson includes the following:
- 3 leveled Halloween matching activities
- 6 leveled slides where students read a sentence and draw a picture to match
- slides where students spell a word the teacher chooses
- 4 slides where students draw a face on a Jack-o-Lantern
- 2 leveled Time to Climb games
- 3 Halloween passages each with a self-correcting comprehension question
The October passages are Halloween themed. This product includes the following:
- a three-page pre-assessment (student copy and teacher scoring sheet included)
- 2-page student fluency tracker
- 12 leveled passages that target short vowels, consonant digraphs, long vowels, magic e words, r-controlled vowels, OR diphthongs (BOTH colored and black & white versions included)
- 6 double-sided worksheets that introduce two new words per passage
- teaching tips and an implementation guide
Here are the passages included in this October set:
- "The Pumpkin Patch" - short u (new words - morning, patch)
- "Candy Corn" - SH/CH (new words - candy corn, colorful)
- "Halloween Night" - EE/EA/-Y (new words - costume, door)
- "Cupcake Bake-Off" - A_E, O_E (new words - neighborhood, jack-o-lantern)
- "Jack-o-Lanterns" - AR, ER, OR (new words - buy, round)
- "Spooky Tricks" - OO, OU (new words - ghost, haunted)
First, assess each student and identify his/her instructional level (target phonics skill and color group). Then, assign the appropriate passage for the student to practice. Once the student can fluently read the passage, s/he can "level up". These passages make differentiation easy to manage.
This product is part of a GROWING Bundle! This is the OCTOBER passage set. It is Halloween themed. If you are interested in the bundle, click the link below:
Need online lessons that help students learn to read and write CVC words?
Want differentiated worksheets for your literacy centers? Check out these products: