This newly re-vamped product is the ::perfect:: resource for starting Literacy Circles in your classroom. I've taught both first and second grades and I know that not all kiddos learn the same way, so I made a first grade version of this unit, and a second grade version and combined them into one purchase for you! Both units have the same (or very similar) jobs, but the job responsibilities are adjusted for each grade level.
The Literacy Circle jobs included in this unit are:
* Word Wizard - searches for interesting words in a given chapter or passage
* Connection Maker - records text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world connections
* Discussion Director - Generates questions and answers about a chapter or passage
* Artful Artist - Selects a favorite part of the story/chapter and illustrates it
* Setting Sketcher - makes a sketch of the setting(s) in an assigned chapter or passage and describes it
* Character Catcher - Draws a picture of each main character based on their description in the story
* Problem/Solution Detective - Identifies the problem/solution in a story and then explains how they would solve the problem.
* Super Summarizer - Provides a written summary of the chapter/passage using details from the story
* Detective W - Identifies and answers the essential 5 "W" questions (Who?, What?, Where?, When?, Why?)
I've also included some different tracking sheets to help you keep track of which students had which jobs. This unit also includes official job badges (because EVERYBODY likes to be official!), and some short practice stories to help your kiddos get started with learning their jobs. Please feel free to ask any questions prior to your purchase, but I PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
The files in the PREVIEW above are from the first grade version. The main thumbnails are from the second grade version.