This file contains BOTH the English and Spanish version of each handout. The English versions are available for FREE in the Primary Punch Store. DISCLOSURE: I do not speak Spanish. I worked with an interpreter to translate each handout. If you have any questions/concerns for wording or dialect/vocabulary please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
This file contains a collection of tips and tricks for parents to utilize when working with their kiddos at home on reading skills. The following topics are included:
- Choosing the Right Books
- How to Read with a Beginning Reader
- Tracking Print
- Asking the Right Questions
- Sound it Out!
- Why Can’t We Skip Reading Tonight?
- Different Ways to Read with your Child
- Non-Fiction Vs. Fiction Text
- Parts of a Text
- Reading Isn’t Just on Paper
- Building Independent Reading Stamina
- The importance of Phonological Awareness
- Educational Apps for Kids
- What Are The Five Domains of Reading?
- Creating Reading Routines
- The Power of Sight Words
- Reading, Writing & Story Telling
- Reading Aloud: Why is it so important?
- Ten Ways to Build Vocabulary
- Repeated and Timed Readings
- What is Family Literacy?
- Making it “Stick”!
- Ten Word Games
- Prove it!
- Develop a Love for Reading