A literacy ‘health check’ booklet containing 25 questions. The short assessment is intended as a brief, low pressure test (hence the ‘health check’ not a ‘test’) and comprises of simple fill-in-the-blanks questions on: capital letters; there, their and they’re; to and too; apostrophes and common spelling errors.
Included on the Power Point are all the answers to the test, as well as a starter and literacy plenary ideas. All resources are included at the back of the Power Point.
Attractive 21 page Power Point includes:
• Title page.
• Fun facts - true or false starter.
• Literacy objectives page.
• Prompt pages for the test.
• Full answers for each section.
• Reflective area for students to respond to on the back of the test.
• Discussion prompt.
• Creative literacy word search activity (provided at the back of the Power Point.)
• Links to a literacy ‘Block Buster’ online game and image.
• All resources, with instructions on how to create the booklet.
For more great resources and lessons, see my page here: