Students LOVE having their journal/notebook to reflect on all the amazing work they've done. Help students to take charge of their learning by using notebooks!!
These reading literature printables for First and Second Grade were created to support the use of literacy journals/notebooks in your classroom. Aligned with the Common Core, the resources in this packet are designed to engage students, aid differentiation, save paper and monitor student achievement.
For more about the ‘How to’, check out my manual *How to Use K-2 Journals here
This resource covers the following skills:
Kindergarten (for below level students):
• RL.K.1 With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
• RL.K.2 With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
• RL.K.3 With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
• W.K.1 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book (e.g., My favorite book is...).
• RL.1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
• RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
• RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
• RL.2.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
• RL.2.2 Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
• RL.2.3 Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
All the best,
1-2 Reading Literature BUNDLE