When does C make the /s/ sound and when does it make the /k/ sound? What are Vowel Pals ea, ai, ay, oa? Emerging readers and writers will really benefit from knowing the answers to these questions and more!
Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
This bundle includes the second 4 Literacy Law packets from the 24 that I have developed. They are:
5. Vowel Pals: ea, ai, ay, oa
6. Sounds of C
7. Sounds of G
8. Cooking Cousins: oo/oo/ew, o/au/aw, ou/ow, oi/oy
Each Literacy Law in this set includes:
1. A description of the phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book to introduce and/or practice the rule
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners, small groups, or large group
8. At least one worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store! Enjoy! Sheila