These reading literature printables for First and Second Grade were created to support the use of literacy journals/notebooks in your classroom. Aligned with the Common Core, the resources in this packet are designed to engage students, aid differentiation, save paper and monitor student achievement.
For more about the ‘How to’, check out my manual *How to Use K-2 Notebooks here
This resource covers the following skills:
• RL.1.4 Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
• RL.1.5 Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
• RL.1.6 Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
• RL.2.4 Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
• RL.2.5 Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and the ending concludes the action.
• RL.2.6 Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
All the best,
1-2 Reading Literature BUNDLE