One of my students’ all-time favorite back to school
books is “Chrysanthemum”
by Kevin Henkes.
It provides the perfect introduction to name activities
, as well as reinforces the importance of speaking kind words.
With that in mind, I designed this jumbo Chrysanthemum literacy packet
, which is chock full of a huge assortment of activities for you to choose from.
In celebration of all that you do, I’m pricing the Chrysanthemum
packet at just $6.95 for a limited time.
I know your students will really enjoy learning about literacy with this little mouse.
The packet includes:
* A variety of Worksheets
* An assortment of super-fun writing prompts
* Lots of posters
* A simple paper chrysanthemum flower craft
, which you can do now, or save for Mother’s Day
. (The results are awesome
* “Color Me Flower Power” name poster
* “Let’s Text!” Making Connections
(text to self, text to text, text to world).
* Word work booklet
activities and 30 word cards
for the story.
* Chrysanthemum “Promise Pledge”
display and writing prompt activity
* 30 “I Promise” photo name cards
* Cause & Effect
* Comparison - Contrast
: Interesting facts about
chrysanthemum flowers, with follow up research
& poster to record their personal
* “Bio Blip” for Kevin Henkes, an author activity
* Mazes, Word Finds
, “How Many Words Can You
Make?” and “I spy my name!” game sheets
* An alphabetical list of 300 words
* Name writing-coloring pages
* “Sticks & stones may break my bones…” posters, discussion
& writing prompt activities
* 4 real photograph posters
of delphiniums, plus
* 30 picture posters
of chrysanthemum flowers.
Use for descriptive writing prompts, to introduce the story, adjective
practice, and for your bulletin board
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy these Chrysanthemum
activities as much as mine.
Click here to see more Chrysanthemum activities
For more Back To School activities, click on the link