Click on the PREVIEW to see lots of samples.
The Mitten, by Jan Brett
is a Ukrainian folktale, and one of my favorite winter books.
It's perfect for practicing sequencing
and a variety of other standards
With that in mind, I designed The Mitten
Literacy Packet, with quick, easy and fun "print & go" activities, games
, and even a mitten craft
The packet includes
* A world map worksheet
, where children locate the Ukraine
as well as their own country and color it.
* A label the cover
worksheet, with completed sample.
* Characters, setting and events
, pocket chart cards.
* Story elements
, plus beginning-Middle-and End
parts of the story, worksheets.
* Worksheets for sequencing
* Several writing prompt
worksheets, for summarizing
the story and explaining
your favorite part.
* Several games
, including a set of Memory Match cards that you can play 3 additional games
* 5 Venn diagram worksheets
, which are a fun way to practice comparison & contrast
* A graphing
* 21, pocket chart, fix the sentence cards
, which help review the story
, as well as practice capitalization
and end punctuation
* There's a matching set of mini cards, to use for several other activities. Child can also pick X number of cards and fix the sentences by rewriting them correctly.
* 9, "We read The Mitten today. Ask me to tell you the story." bookmarks
* "Mm is for mitten and . . ." beginning letter sound
* Rhyme time worksheet
, with matching answer-key poster
* "How Many Words Can You Make?" worksheet
with an answer-key poster.
* Keepsake hand print mitten craft
, plus . . .
* 3 mitten-themed graphic organizer worksheets
Whew! That covers a nice variety of stuff doesn't it?
I'm Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy practicing literacy with these interesting activities.
Click here, to see more Mitten Activities
Click here, to see more Literacy Packets
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Giveaways
Check out my educational Pinterest boards