These literacy stations are designed to teach the act of earning money, saving money, and spending money. The content focuses on goods and services through reading, writing, and word work and students must collect the "money" at each station they visit. This keeps students motivated to finish their stations, while teaching them that they must work in order to earn what they want to spend. You can choose if there will be something your students will "buy" when they are finished. The stations include -
- Writing (Write about something you want to buy and how you could earn money for it.)
- Reading ( Students will need something available to them to read about goods and services, then will answer a question on the dollar bill about this.)
- Poetry (Poem about earning and spending.)
- Word Work (Stamping, and finding weekly spelling pattern in your choice of text.)
- Vocabulary (Illustrating and describing vocab words.)
- Dictionary skills (Looking up what Goods, Services, and Income mean.
- Handwriting (Matching a word with its description and copying it in best handwriting.)