Literacy Toolkit: K-2
Need something to help your K-2 students be independent thinkers during reading and writing? The items included in this kit aim to do just that!
The items included are designed to fit inside a variety of containers so that your kiddos can use them independently. Add and remove items from their toolkits as needed so that tools are available based on each individual student’s needs.
• Literacy Toolkit Labels (labeled with numbers to 30 designed to fit Rubbermaid 32 ounce rectangle containers
• Writing Goals Sliders: Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced (2 sizes)
• Decoding Strategy Cards: 2 clip art styles & 2 sizes (in color AND black & white)
• Alphabet Chart: 2 sizes in color and black/white
• Flip that Vowel Sound Chart (1 large for demonstration & 1 small in black and white only)
• Close Reading Markups (1 large for demonstration & 1 small in black and white only)
• Editing Checklist (1 large for demonstration & 1 small in black and white only)
• Decoding Strategies: Large squares for classroom display in 2 clip art styles (color & b/w); small circles for toolkits to place on popsicle sticks (color & b/w); large circles for display (color & b/w)
• Who Goes First Spinner Set: milk/cookies & bacon/eggs (includes smaller spinners for toolkits)
What I added that is NOT included:
• snap together spinners (for turn-taking spinners)
• pipe cleaners and pony beads for sliders
• glasses for looking in the text (I got mine at Target)
• finger eyes for touching the text (I got mine from Amazon)
• golf pencils
• highlighters in 2 colors
Click preview to see more or see my blog post at www.kindiekins.com.