Also included in
- Students find literary analysis difficult, there's no question about that. This bundle of lessons and activities will take the mystery away as they learn a process-based approach to understanding author purpose and technique.First, you can teach students the language of analysis with a focused appro$25.99$32.47Save $6.48
Do your students really understand the process of literary analysis? Do you get a lot of plot summary instead? I’ve been teaching analysis for almost three decades now, and the biggest lesson I’ve learned, from much trial and error, is that I need to focus on the process, not the final product. We need to break down the steps and give kids the time to master them before we assign a final essay.
This resource is not focused on creating a final product, but on lessons that you can use while your students are reading a text, ones that will provide scaffolding for them, so when it comes time to write an analysis, they should be ready.
The handouts, slideshows, and activities are all designed to teach students the steps they need to follow when they do an analysis, whether it’s for a major assignment, or just for class discussion.
(NOTE: students will need to have an understanding of how elements such as setting, point of view, characterization, etc. contribute to author purpose. If you need help with that click here).
Teachers who have used this are saying:
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ The materials are extremely detailed and the students were able to produce MUCH stronger thesis statements with greater confidence at the start of this year than in previous years.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This resource is amazing! It's very detailed for both teachers and students. The teacher guide explains step-by-step how to implement this resource. The student assignments are aligned with the purpose I needed. I'm very happy with this resource.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Rom 213 always has engaging materials - but what I found really helpful with this particular resource is the pages on using analytical verbs and nouns - this strategy really helped my students to elevate their writing to the next level. Their agency increased in terms of being able to see how "analytical language" sounds.
These products would be a great addition:
- Posters for Literary Analysis
- Literary Elements Bundle
- The Quotable Quickie
- Writing the Literary Essay
- Placemats for Discussing Universal Themes
- Placemats for Talking About Text
- Point of View & Perspective Lessons
- Understanding Character
- Writing Lessons: Word Choice
- Embedding Quotations Lessons & Interactive Activities
- Expository Writing: Lessons & Activities
- Writing Mini-Lessons & Activities Bundle
- Sentence Expanding Lessons
- Narrative Writing Bundle
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.