Also included in
- This resource includes three of my best selling highly-rated escape room resources at a 15% off discount. In your download, you will received my Literary Analysis Escape Room, Poetry Analysis Escape Room, and Edgar Allan Poe Close Reading Escape Room.Each resource includes a print option and fully$19.55$23.00Save $3.45
**UPDATED 11/30/2020** This escape room now includes an entirely virtual option! All you have to do is assign the Google Form and then watch your students engage in awesome escape room experience!
This resource is a sequential (clues lead in to each other) escape room that involves puzzles related to literary analysis, devices, and elements. It is based on a fun scenario that puts students on a mission to solve a mystery before time runs out. Students will begin with a cold read of the short story, “Hearts and Hands” by O. Henry, but it will be missing the most important last line. They will work through six tasks to find the last line and uncover the meaning of the story before time runs out!
All you need to do is print the tasks, place them around your classroom based on the teacher's directions that I provide, and you're all set for exciting activity!
Here is what's included:
- Clue 1: Students will read the scenario memo and close read to find the first clue in the text.
- Clue 2: Students will match quotations from the text to direct and indirection characterization examples for the three main characters.
- Clue 3: Students will answer stimulus-based multiple choice questions about tone, point of view, and figurative language.
- Clue 4: Students will diagram the plot of the story.
- Clue 5: Students will identify the theme.
- Certificate of Achievement
- Reflection Activity
- Set Up Instructions
- Teacher's Answer Key
- A copy of the short story, "Hearts and Hands" by O. Henry
Check out the preview!