showing 1-5 of 7 products
Middle schoolers CAN write literary analysis essays! Use this bundle of best-selling resources to walk your students through every step of literary analysis, from reading to determine theme to studying exemplar essays to drafting and revising structured 5-paragraph essays.
This bundle contains a mix of resources I have used in my own middle school Language Arts classroom for years. Each year, I am amazed at how quickly my students' writing improves!
The bundle includes: PowerPoint presentations for teaching, interactive activities & worksheets for guided practice, student-friendly handouts, mentor texts (AKA exemplar essays), Common Core aligned grading rubrics, outlines with sentence starters, and an essay assessment.
$18.89 VALUE FOR ONLY $12.99!
Students will learn to:
- Study exemplar essays to determine best writing practices
- Read a short story to determine complex theme
- Write strong hooks to capture a reader's attention
- Plan and draft a literary essay
- Write a structured 5-paragraph essay using a scaffolded outline
- Self-assess their writing using a student-friendly rubric
Included in this resource:
- Teaching Theme with Short FIlms- Level Up Literacy BESTSELLER
- Literary Analysis Essay Mentor Text Pack - Level Up Literacy BESTSELLER
- How to Write Strong Hooks for Literary Analysis Essays - Level Up Literacy BESTSELLER
- Outlines for Middle School Literary Analysis Essay
- Literary Essay Writing - Analysis Resource Pack
- Rubric for Literary Essay (Common Core aligned)
- Assessment for Literary Analysis Essay with Rubric ("Shells" by Cynthia Rylant) - Level Up Literacy BESTSELLER