Literary Analysis Essay Planner
If your students are anything like mine, Literary Analysis papers throw them for a loop every time they are assigned. With this easy to use planner, your students will be able to organize and support their analysis with ease.
In this pack, you'll receive:
- 10 pages of planning that can be used as a printable or digital product.
- a Rubric Explanation sheet that can be given to students prior to the essay
- a Post-It Rubric that can be used to grade a Literary Analysis essay (I use these without printing on Post-Its oftentimes. They can be printed on regular paper and affixed to the essay or even used digitally.)
The10 planning pages focus on:
- the lens through which they will view the literature they're analyzing
- introduction paragraph
- topic sentence
- supporting evidence
- body paragraphs
- topic sentences
- clincher/transition sentences
- conclusion paragraph
If this is the first time you've introduced this type of essay - or any kind of essay - you might also like my 3 Main Parts of an Essay: Umbrella Activity