Students often struggle with writing literary analysis essays. Whether it's writing a meaningful and clear thesis statement or constructing a well-organized body paragraph, they often don't know where to begin. In this package of two essay assignments, I provide everything students need to write an effective essay. Included are the following:
- A detailed overview of each essay (theme analysis and character analysis)
- Sentence stems for thesis statements and assertions
- Sample body paragraphs, annotated with explanations of each part of the paragragh
- Sample introduction and conclusions with explanations
- Outlines for the body paragraphs, intro, and conclusion
- Brainstorming activities
The activities in this package are useful for writing workshops and drafting. This package pairs well with embedding activities and strong verbs for literary analysis. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lit-Monster
Sample analysis in the documents focuses on Harry Potter and Katniss Everdeen.
If you have any questions, feel free to use the Q and A function. I'm happy to respond!
Mike (Lit Monster)
This resource pairs well with an embedding quotes presentation and guided notes activity I created. If interested, you can find this resource here