This works for any text. This is a fun activity to help your students gain a deeper understanding of a novel, play or short story. Use this flow-chart activity to explain keywords from the text. Simply arrange strips of paper from most important ideas to least important, then get students to justify their choices. I find this useful for AP and IB classes. There is no right or wrong answer with how the keywords are arranged, but it should lead to great class discussions and reveal gaps in learning for those students who do not have a solid understanding of the text.
This packet includes:
- Keywords on one page for student binders.
- Larger keywords to print for class discussions to cut out and laminate.
- Clear teacher instructions.
- Key events from Act 1, 2 and 3 (10 plot points for each act).
- An answer key with the correct order of the plot points.
- Blank boxes to use as a template to create keywords for any text.
- A journal rubric for a writing exercise using the keywords.
- An idea for an extension activity.
- A sample flow chart for each act.
- As a bonus, a sample Question Paper on the play with a blank template and rubric.
A Note from Me:
I love creating products for high school students that are creative, engaging and fun to use in the classroom! It is my sincere hope that you find this product useful. If you enjoyed this resource, check out some of the other products from my store at Allyson’s Creative Corner. Please leave a rating to earn TpT credits and follow my store. I value your feedback. To follow my store, click on the green star above next to my store logo. To leave a rating and feedback, go to “My TpT” and “My Purchases”. Simply click on “Provide Feedback” to leave a rating and comment on this resource.
Copyright © 2014, Allyson’s Creative Corner. All rights reserved. Downloading this resource entitles the purchaser to 1 single-teacher (or teaching team) classroom license, which includes the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom/personal use only. Duplication for more than one teacher or classroom, department, school, tutoring center or similar institution or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission of the author. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet (a personal/class website) without permission is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items will be located by Google and traced back to the publishing site. Multiple licenses may be purchased at any time for a reduced price on the “My Purchases” page. Thank you for your understanding to uphold universally accepted codes of professional and ethical conduct while using this resource.