This 7-Day Literary Analysis Writing Boot Camp will walk you through the ENTIRE process of teaching literary analysis effectively in your Middle School ELA classroom (this resource could even be used for high school!).
What we share with you in this boot camp is exactly what we do with our students at the beginning of every year - lesson by lesson. PLEASE VIEW THE PREVIEW TO GET A GOOD SENSE OF ALL THAT IS INCLUDED!
We've broken this boot camp down for you using a 60-minute or so class time period. We know some of you will have more or less time, so you may need to adjust the days and lessons around your specific timeframe. But the content is all here, mapped out, ready to go.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- Suggested Timeline
- Teacher Prep: What is Evidence-Based Writing? What is a Response to Literature?
- Teaching Evidence-Based Writing in Your Classroom
- Teaching TAG and Summary
- Teaching Claims
- The Meat: Body Paragraphs
- The Dreaded Conclusion
- Putting It All Together
- EDITABLE Response to Literature Graphic Organizer
- Our Best-Selling Evidence Tracker
- UPDATED: Now Includes our Response to Literature Rubric!
We know this resource will be incredibly helpful for you in transforming your literary analysis writing in your ELA classroom! These are all tried-and-true lessons and activities that we have seen with our own eyes make an astounding difference in our students' writing!
**PLEASE NOTE: If you already have our How to Teach Literary Analysis - A Complete Step-by-Step Guide
, you already have this resource!!**
Other Resources that Compliment the Boot Camp Nicely:
- Claims and Evidence Activities in Literary Analysis and Argumentative Writing
- Claims vs. Statements Sort
- Double-Entry Journal Reading Activity for Any Novel
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!