PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Literary Analysis Writing Unit is exactly what you need to teach this challenging writing genre to your 5th-7th grade students. With this step-by-step scaffolded unit, all students can succeed in writing a literary analysis. Included you'll find the pitfalls and successes I've experienced when attempting to teach the skill of literary analysis. The step-by-step approach for teaching and writing a literary analysis will significantly reduce your stress and your students' frustration. I know you’ll find this 21-page product useful.
Included you'll find
• Teacher Tips on how to teach this demanding writing genre
• Step-by-step note pages for the analysis of plot, setting, and character in an
effort to prove the theme
• Paragraph frames for each of the five paragraphs
• Anchor essay to use as a model
• Writing Rubric
• Analysis transition words
• List of common themes in literature
• Peer Editing/Student Revising Worksheet
• Common Core Standards
You might also like these other products from It's a Teacher Thing:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each • Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.