Simplify assessment and provide meaningful feedback with this bundle of EDITABLE literary analysis writing rubrics! These standards-based rubrics are thoughtfully designed with "writer-first" language that validates students' attempts and encourages growth. Each rubric descriptor starts with "The writer" and emphasizes the student, rather than the piece of writing. When you value the WRITER, the WRITING will inevitably get better! The descriptors also emphasize how the writer's choices affect readers, which bridges the gap between writing and literary analysis.
This resource is a 100% EDITABLE Google doc so that you can adjust the terminology to reflect your students' needs and your specific assignments. You can use this digitally or print it: whatever works!
This BUNDLE contains the following rubrics:
- Analyzing Theme Development RUBRIC
- Analyzing the Development of 2+ Themes RUBRIC
- Analyzing Character Development RUBRIC
- Analyzing Authors' Choice RUBRIC
- Analyzing Author's Structural Choices RUBRIC
- Analyzing the Impact of Word Choice RUBRIC
Click on the individual links for more information/previews.
Questions about how to use these rubrics? Let me know. :)