This packet of lessons is also available in my newest bundle: Literary Criticism Bundle.
Check it out!
This product contains:
(1) an editable introduction to literary criticism explaining the purpose and process of criticism - critiques (written broadly enough to relate to criticism of any art form),
(2) a "generic" and editable student worksheet guiding them through a critical review of ANY work of fiction.
This product provides you with information to introduce and explain the process and a form for student application. You add a text of your choice to this (I use a short story with background information about the author), and you have a full mini-unit.
It is aligned with ACT Quality Core A.7 Literary Criticism and the Common Core State Standards.
To define the terms “critique,” “criticism,” and “critic.
To explain the purpose and value critiquing the arts.
To explain the basic process of criticism.
To identify the characteristics of various form/types of criticism.
Includes explanations of different approaches such as: formalistic, psychological, historical, biographical, etc.
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)