This simple, yet engaging, introduction to literary criticism is perfect for students in grades 8 and up.
➜This packet of lessons is part of my Literary Critique Set: Literary Criticism Bundle.
Check it out!
This product contains:
(1) an editable introduction to literary criticism explaining the purpose and process of criticism - critiques (written broadly enough to relate to criticism of any art form),
(2) a "generic" and editable student worksheet guiding them through a critical review of ANY work of fiction.
You'll also find information to introduce and explain the process and a form for student application. You add a text of your choice to this (I use a short story with background information about the author), and you have a full mini-unit. So easy to use!
It is aligned with ACT Quality Core A.7 Literary Criticism and the Common Core State Standards.
➛Students will define the terms “critique,” “criticism,” and “critic.
➛Students will explain the purpose and value critiquing the arts.
➛Students will explain the basic process of criticism.
➛Students will identify the characteristics of various form/types of criticism.
Includes explanations of different approaches such as: formalistic, psychological, historical, biographical, etc.
Read what buyers are saying:
➛"Excellent product! Thorough with complex concepts made very clear for my students. Thanks!!"
➛"This is such a great resource for a concept that remains difficult for students to grasp - this was a GREAT tool to ease their confusion! Thank you!"
➛"A great overview of different schools of literary criticism. Students definitely have a better handle on literary criticism and these particular lenses."
More Products for You and Your Students to Love❣
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Thanks for your interest in my shop❣ Come back soon.