Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a literary devices/figurative language poster package with an aligned group activity introducing Frayer charts.
Students will use the posters to create Frayer charts on their assigned literary device and present their charts; after the presentations, the posters can be posted on the class walls as an anchor of learning. A black-and-white and a colour poster set are included.
Posters introduce famous writers from Edgar Allen Poe to Emily Dickinson and quote examples from their famous books. A great group activity for literary devices review, especially before exam time!
LITERARY DEVICES COVERED:
Alliteration, allegory, assonance, anaphora, allusion, consonance, euphemism, hyperbole, imagery, irony (verbal, dramatic, situational), internal rhyme, juxtaposition, metaphor, mood, motif, onomatopoeia, oxymoron, parallelism, paradox, personification, pun, repetition, simile, symbolism, tone.
2 Poster Sets (each covering 27 most common literary devices)
- Black & white set
- Each poster defines the literary device and provides a famous example for literature
- Each poster pictures a famous author all students should know before graduating high school
1 Presentation Introducing the Assignment (7 slides)
- Introduces Frayer charts as a learning tool
- Outlines the assignment
- Provides an example of a finished assignment
- Provides an optional marking scheme
- Provides an optional formative self-assessment
1 Assignment Rough Draft Worksheet (slides 3 & 4 of the presentation)