28 slide presentation used to teach literary devices. Works for Middle Grades and High School. Complete with a multiple choice QUIZ and MODELED NOTES, this presentation covers the ELEMENTS OF A STORY and FIVE LITERARY TECHNIQUES.
* What is a Literary Device? Including the difference between literary elements and techniques.
* Examples and definitions of the literary elements: PLOT, CHARACTERS, SETTING, CONFLICT, and THEME, including a comparison to Little Red Riding Hood.
* Breakdowns of the literary techniques: IRONY, FORESHADOWING, IMAGERY, FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE, and SYMBOLISM.
* 5 question PRACTICE QUIZ.
* 10 question LITERARY DEVICES QUIZ with images and animations.
* An optional MODELED NOTES section at the end, to give an idea of what a student's notes could look like after viewing this presentation.
(View in slide show mode to see the full presentation, as on some slides text overlaps due to animations.)
Download the ** FREE ** Literary Devices & Techniques Matching Worksheet
to use as homework!