This bundle of digital breakouts is intended for reinforcing plot and setting, conflict, character, point of view, irony, theme, and symbolism.
Each breakout includes:
*Breakout website with links to all necessary text and media
*Breakout codes and explanations
*Breakout recording form
*Related Common Core Standards
All digital breakouts are also available separately and can be previewed by clicking on the resource titles listed above. Save 45% by purchasing them together in this bundle.
To use these resources you will need to:
1. Have access to electronic devices (desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, etc.) for students to use or allow students to use their own devices. The activity can be done using smartphones.
2. Have access to the internet.
3. Have Google accounts for your students or create a class account for students to use.
4. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block links from safeshare.tv. These links are YouTube videos run through SafeShare to remove advertisements, comments, etc. and to prevent students from being exposed to any possible inappropriate content.
5. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block Google Sites or out-of domain sharing of Google Drive resources (Forms, Docs, Slides, etc.)
*Please Note: These resources are not editable.
What is a Breakout?
A breakout is a scavenger hunt-like game where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open a locked box. Breakouts can be done hands-on with physical locked boxes or digitally using a Google Form.
Why Use Breakouts?
1. Breakouts shift the ownership of learning from the teacher to the student.
2. In addition to the content knowledge needed to succeed in a specific game, breakouts require critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication.
3. A breakout provides learners with many opportunities to fail and try again. Every unsuccessful attempt to open a lock forces students to reexamine their information and their thinking.
Why Use Digital Breakouts?
A digital breakout requires no preparation of materials, no time spent setting up, and no purchase of a Breakout EDU kit or any other special equipment.
Save With More Bundles of Resources Here