This mega pack (a 20% discount over buying a la carte) includes many review and assessment activities to help your students learn their literary elements.
1. Literary Terms Definition List- 47 terms- plot, exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution, conflict (internal and external), setting, point of view (1st, 3rd limited, omniscient), symbolism, mood, suspense, style, characterization (direct and indirect), characters (static, dynamic, flat, round, protagonist, antagonist), theme, dialogue, irony (verbal, dramatic, situational), foreshadowing, allusion, satire, tone, diction, dialect, anecdote, flashback, alliteration, simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, imagery.
2. Literary Elements Review- This worksheet reviews several literary elements. Can work as a review or assessment. Elements covered include: Plot, Setting, Theme, Character, Antagonist, Protagonist, Point of view, Foreshadowing, Suspense, Characterization, Conflict, Tone, Irony, Symbol, Allusion, Purpose, Persuasion, Figurative Language, Metaphor, Simile, Onomatopoeia, Personification, Idiom
3. Literary Elements Quiz- This quiz serves as a summative assessment for a short story and/or literary element unit.
fiction vs. non-fiction
drama vs. poetry
static vs. dynamic characters
round vs. flat characters
antagonist vs. protagonist
direct vs. indirect characterization (with text samples)
1st vs. 3rd vs. omniscient p.o.v.
4. Elements of Drama Notes- Picture notes on the elements of drama- Curtain cues, Music, Set Design, Lighting, Props, Verbal Cues/Blocking, Make-up, Movement, Costumes, Facial Expressions, Dialogue, Aside, Monologue, Soliloquy. Answers included.
5. Elements of Drama Quiz- Quiz on elements of drama- Curtain cues, Music, Set Design, Lighting, Props, Verbal Cues/Blocking, Make-up, Movement, Costumes, Facial Expressions, Dialogue, Aside, Monologue, Soliloquy. Answers included.
6. Elements of Folk Literature Notes- Folk Literature is an important part of the 9th and 10th grade English curriculum in Virginia, as well as many other grade levels around the country. This file lists the characteristics of allegory, fairy tales, tall tales, fables, myths and legends.
7. Figurative Language & Poetry Terms Brochure- This is a colorful, compact way to introduce or review important figurative language and poetry terms.
The following terms are covered:
Forms of Poetry
8. Genres of Literature Pre-Quiz- This is a short diagnostic quiz on the genres of literature. There are 13 questions matching definitions to genres and 6 questions with samples. Answer key is included.
Genres covered include:
A. Adventure novel
E. Folk Literature
F. Historical fiction
K. Realistic fiction
M. Science fiction
9. Genres of Lit Graphic Organizer- This graphic organizer includes two activities. On the first page, students describe the characteristics of each major genre- drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, folk lit. On the second page, students arrange the subgenres under the major genre categories.
10. Genres of Lit Organizer & Notes- This graphic organizer is great for taking notes on the definitions of different genres of literature (fiction, non-fiction, drama, poetry, folk literature) and subgenres, and includes a graphic for matching the subgenres to their major genres.
11. Genres of Literature Post-Assessment- This assessment is goes along with my Genres of Literature Pre-Quiz. This is a post assessment to be given at the end of the semester, unit, etc. There are 5 questions matching genres with definitions and 5 short-answer questions where students are asked to write a short example of each genre. Genres covered include fiction, nonfiction (journalism), folk literature, poetry and memoir. Answer key not included as answers will vary.
**As always, if you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact me :)