Also included in
- Reading workshop helps middle and high students build reading stamina and a life-long love of reading. This package provides you with several tools to plan, organize and assess a reader's workshop in your middle or high school classroom. Each product is available individually, but you save over 30%$58.00$81.21Save $23.21
- This bundle will give you mini-lessons, activities, and assignments that will allow you engage your students while you teach them about the following literary elements:Opening linesSettingPoint of view and perspectiveConflictCharacterizationThemeSymbolism & motifSuspense and tensionThe Literary$35.99$48.94Save $12.95
MINI-LESSONS THAT FOCUS ON LITERARY ELEMENTS: Whether you are doing reading workshop, independent reading, or a class novel, the mini-lessons in this package can be used to introduce or review these basic elements of fiction writing: opening lines, setting, point of view, tone, characterization, theme and author style.
After your lessons, students will explore each concept in the novels they are reading. Creative extensions will allow students to extend their understanding by experimenting with each concept in their own writing.
Need more support for workshop? Check here.
NEW (March 2020): A bundle of lessons on characterization has been added Click here for details.
NEW (October 2019): Lessons on how setting, point of view and perspective work together.
NEW (Spring 2019): short skill building activities for analyzing character and theme.
I have included a rubric that you can use to assess your students’ work.
You might also like:
- Active Reading Mini-Lessons
- Character Arcs, Journeys & Archetypes
- Teaching Symbolism and Motif
- Posters for Literary Analysis