Help your students understand the literary elements and story elements vocabulary terms with this bundled set of literary elements flip book reference chart and story elements posters. I included the posters in PowerPoint slideshow format for you, too.
When students know the terms, they can use them in literacy responses. These are the key words that 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders need to know.
Ideas for Use:
• Use the flip book reference charts for your literacy centers
• Glue the flip book reference chart into your interactive notebooks
• Send the flip book reference foldable home for a homework reference
• Flip books are great to foster independence in your students
• Both of these products are perfect for using with book projects
• Teach a vocabulary word each day and review often.
• Use vocabulary words in game format and call out a term and have students give the meaning. Example: The answer is _____. What is the question? ______
• Use this in game format and give the meaning and have students give the vocabulary term.
• Use the definitions in your literacy center
• Post these terms on your ELA Word Wall so students can refer to them while working
Terms & Definitions Included in PDF and PowerPoint Slideshow Format:
• Character Poster
• Climax Poster
• Conflict Poster
• Conflict – Types of Conflict
• Evidence (not a literary element, but needed for students to cite evidence)
• Exposition Poster
• Falling Action Poster
• Plot Poster
• Plot Diagram Poster (with visual example)
• Point of View Poster
• Point of View – First, Second, Third Person
• Resolution Poster
• Rising Action Poster
• Setting Poster
• Theme Poster
• Theme – Sample Themes
• Suggestions for Use
BEFORE PURCHASING this set, this product IS INCLUDED in my HUGE bundle of Book Projects, Genre Posters and Genre Book Lists BUNDLE
, offered at a reduced price. :)
Click "Look Inside" to see a visual preview to see of terms included for the Literary Elements Flip Book
Posters: 18 pages of PDF posters and the same posters in PowerPoint format
Flip Book: 10 pages of PDF color and 10 pages in black and white
Students can get right to work when they have the necessary tools at their fingertips.
FILE TYPES IN THIS SET:
Make sure you have the following programs so you can take full advantage of this set.
PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint, a zip uncompressing program.
For Mac users without MS Office, you can use the PDF version instead of the PowerPoint Slideshows (they are the same words).
You Might Also Like:
• Year Long Set of Bundled Book Reports & Genre Posters, Literary Elements Posters & Flip Book
• Story Elements Story Map FREEBIE