Fantastic for the beginning of the year, this unit instructs the Literary Essay creatively, through informative template graphics and step by step prompts. Upon completion, students will feel confident in their understanding of the importance, applicability and necessity of the literary essay.
What you can expect in The Literary Essay:
- Instructional sections followed by engaging practice opportunities for each component taught.
- A clear and simplistically designed instructional resource that makes sense of the literary essay process.
- Instruction about the purpose of the literary essay - critique and analysis.
- A clear “formula” template that teaches students how to write the previewing thesis statement and the non-previewing thesis statement.
- A thoughtful outlining template for planning the literary essay.
- Instruction and activities for how to turn literary themes into questions that can be responded to with well-written thesis statements.
- A comprehensive essay assignment that is completed in a pure step-by-step method.
- Instruction on how to choose a literary source that works for varied themes in literary essay writing.
- Eight timeless theme statements that can be adapted to almost any literary source.
- An empty, detailed template for continued student practice.
- Instruction on how to limit the scope of the essay by narrowing the topic and thesis.
You may also like:
Literary Essay Practice Assignment (Novel)
Daily 5 Minute Outline
Complete Essay Writing Unit (Expository, Persuasive & Literary)
Connect with us!