Set of materials to support writers of all levels in writing a literary analysis essay for any text. Includes guidance on picking a topic (optional) as well as several printables to help students with the process, including the inclusion of literary devices in their analysis. Rubric provided. Provide, require, or exclude the support printables as needed for differentiation on an individual or class level.
The printables are flexible and can be used with students new to effective essay writing, those who need to practice/ review effective essay writing with guidance, and those who are adept at literary essays.
• Teacher Notes on literary essay writing and the use of Support Documents
• Literary Device Analysis Worksheet: Student (or teacher) selects a literary device and finds five examples of it in the text. Then, the student will look for a patter or connection that can be made. The pattern becomes the thesis and the examples become the quotes for the essay.
• Literary Analysis Essay with rubric: with guidance on choosing a literary essay topic
• Literary Analysis Essay with rubric: for teacher-selected essay topic
• Literary Analysis Essay Planning Worksheet
• Teacher Notes on the Paragraph Models: explains usage options for each
• MEAL Plan for Paragraph Writing Model & Quick Guide reference sheet
• Introduction and Conclusion Paragraph Writing Models and Quick Guide reference sheet
• Quick Guide to Literary Essays: reference sheet on important elements of a literary essay
This item is a single file PDF.
Like this? Check these out:
Song Lyric Literary Analysis
Movie Literary Analysis Essay for Use with ANY Movie
A Year of Themed Essay Writing