Also included in
- Wanting to create or enhance an independent reading program? Literature circles, intervention lessons, book club, choice reading arrangements? Creating the materials can be overwhelming, but reading choice is crucial to students' growth as readers, perceptions of their abilities, engagement in class$28.00$43.48Save $15.48
This literary genre bundle contains practical and engaging materials to help students learn the similarities and differences between various narrative genres they will encounter when reading texts. The goal is to help students identify the characteristics of the genres included and to distinguish between them when reading an excerpt of a narrative text.
Use this resource as a complement to your book club or independent reading program!
Included, you will find the following...
- Introduction to Narrative Literary Genres Presentation, both PDF and editable PowerPoint, with links to high-interest clips about young adult literature
- Narrative Literary Genres Identification Game
- Note-Taking Pages
- Suggestions for Use
- Directions for an Additional Whole-Class Genres Activity
Narrative literary genres covered include:
- narrative nonfiction, including biography, autobiography, and memoir
- realistic fiction
- historical fiction
- science fiction
If you like these literary genres activities, you may also enjoy these other reading resources for secondary ELA:
And more here!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.