This Literary Nonfiction/ Narrative Nonfiction Genre Study is a great way for students to dig deeper into the specific elements of the literary nonfiction genre. It includes everything you need from visuals for introducing the genre to tons of independent reading options.
- Genre Poster/Anchor Chart: This poster contains a student-friendly definition of the genre, a visual, elements of the genre, and an example of a book in the genre. It comes as a poster or interactive anchor chart (pieces on a separate page) in both a full page or half page option for student notebooks. These come from the Genre Posters Pack.
- Word Wall Card: This half page word wall card comes in 4 color options. This smaller size works well if you are planning on working through multiple genres and are limited on wall space. These come from the Genre Word Wall.
- Bookmark: This is a double-sided bookmark with a condensed version of the above poster on the front, and then room for students to respond on the back. Boxes are included on the back for sticky notes, but students can also just write directly onto the bookmarks. A single sided (cut and fold) printing option or double-sided option are both included. This comes from the Genre Bookmarks.
- Graphic Organizers: Differentiated (3 levels) graphic organizers are great for supported genre reading response. They are very versatile in how they can be used whether its whole class, small guided reading groups, or left out in a classroom library for independent reading accountability. These come from the Genre Graphic Organizers Pack.
- Tab Book: This tab book allows students to analyze the genre a bit more than the graphic organizers. Since they are multiple pages, they offer students more space to dig deep. They are hands-on and super easy to put together. They come in both a full page or half page mini book option. This comes from the Genre Tab Books.
- Literary Nonfiction Crafts: This Binoculars Craft is such a great way to reach your hands on, visual learners. It is also very low prep, with clear directions for students to follow when working independently. Three cover flap options are included. They come from the Genre Crafts Pack.
This genre study is also available discounted along with 25 more genres and tons more genre resources in the Genres Megabundle!