Help your students learn literary terms
the easy and entertaining way (and you save 25%!)
This 11-page reproducible
activity introduces students to eight common literary terms that begin with A, eight that begin with B, and eight that begin with C.
• The A terms are alliteration, allusion, anachronism, anecdote, antagonist, assonance, atmosphere,
• The B terms are ballad, bard, beat, bildungsroman, bibliography, biography, blank verse
• The C terms are character, cliché, cliffhanger, climax, comic relief, conflict, connotation
, and couplet.
First, students study easy-to-understand definitions and examples
of each term.
Then they use their knowledge of the terms in a fill-in-the-blank activity
Also included are separate answer keys
This classroom-tested activity is designed for middle school, junior high, high school, homeschool, and college classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties