*Both a PDF version and Google Slides version are included. Please watch the preview to see what the Google version includes. The Google Classroom version can be used with online read alouds and is a great way to keep your students thinking critically and working with peers during distance learning.
This product includes response sheets for each of the roles listed below. The response sheets are formatted into booklets for each role. All the booklets have the same front cover (with a place to record book title, author, and student name) and back cover (lists the roles and expectations). Role cards are also included for students to randomly choose roles. My students love literature circles and reformatting my old literature circle sheets into booklets got them excited all over again!
*Sometimes I will have my students glue their booklets into their interactive reading notebook.
- Discussion Director: facilitates discussion and comes up with "thick" questions to keep discussion meaningful and focused
- Literary Luminary: chooses and describes two favorite parts
- Art Smart Illustrator: draws and writes about the most powerful part
- Summary Supervisor: writes a summary of the section read
- Character Chief: chooses 3 characters from the text to describe with a trait, then records an example from the book
Language Arts Interactive Notebooks:
Other Interactive Notebooks: