Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.79 MB | N/A pages
This is a literature circle / reciprocal reading pack. It includes everything you need to set up reading groups in your classroom. Here is a list of what is included (please see sample too):
1. Cards listing and explaining the different roles (Predictor, Clarifier, Summarizer, Questioner & Leader) for the students to use when reading. Works best if printed on colored paper and laminated
2. It includes a teacher rubric, which can be used when reading with the students to help them improve in their roles. In addition it includes a student peer assessment based on the rubric as well.
3. It includes role sheets for each of the roles (Predictor, Clarifier, Summarizer, Questioner & Leader) to help keep the students on task during the week.
4. It includes an organizer for each group of students to decide who will take on which role each week. The students create their own table, rotating the roles.
5. It also includes an observation sheet for the teacher.
I have included pdfs of all the files and all the working PowerPoint files (except for the cards, which was not created in that program) so you can edit and alter the sheets as you would like to in your classroom.
This pack is something that I have created over time to help me teach reading in groups. I hope that it will be something that you find useful as well!