These role sheets can be used for both fiction and nonfiction literature circles and will get your students to track their thinking as they read.
This close reading will lead to improved comprehension.
This package consists of eight role sheets. Each role sheet has a correlating Common Core objective.
• Evidence Collector - Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
• Experience Examiner - Compare and contrast the experience of reading your literature circle book to a different genre of material that is based on the same topic you are reading about in your book. You may choose to compare your book to a poem, an article, or an excerpt from a different genre of book. Other options include watching a video or analyzing a picture about the subject matter in your literature circle book.
• Point of View Pin-pointer - Explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.
• Scene Selector - Explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.
• The Plot Thickens - Describe how a particular story’s (fiction or nonfiction)
plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters (if nonfiction – the people involved in the event) respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
• The Question Queller - Read and comprehend literature with increasing text complexity.
• The Theme Identifier - Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
• Word Analyzer - Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings.
• Analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
This ready-to-use set of role sheets will make both fiction and nonfiction literature circles a lot easier to manage.
The zip file includes two formats of this resource: Microsoft Word (full editable) and PDF (Acrobat).
Open the preview to get a glimpse of the materials included.
Thanks, and I hope this makes your life a little easier.
Take a look at some of my other Common Core aligned products by clicking below:
Link-Countdown BOOK TEST
Link-The Eighty Dollar Champion BOOK TEST
Link-Left for Dead BOOK TEST
Link-Steve Jobs Thinking Differently BOOK TEST
Link-Revenge of the Whale BOOK TEST