This is a comprehensive handbook designed to help teachers incorporate Literature Circles in their classroom. It takes both the teacher and student through each step of the literature circle model. There are four main components which include:
1) A teacher’s section on:
• What are Literature Circles?
• What is the their purpose?
• A description of the various roles
• Lesson plans
• How to organizing your students
2) A planner for students
3) A variety of evaluation sheets:
• Student/Teacher Evaluation
• Teacher Evaluation
• Discussion Director’s Evaluation
4) Role sheets:
• Discussion Director
• Literary Luminary
• Word Wizard
View the preview file for a glimpse of the table of contents and sample pages.