In this file, I have included every document I use to get Literature Circles started. In the word document you will find the following pages:
- Daily Routine - this walks student groups through every step of their meeting time. It breaks down what to share, how to record their information. It is meant to guide their meeting time, to make it meaningful, even if you are working with another group.
- Expectations and Consequences - this lays out exactly what is expected of the individual and the group as a whole, throughout their entire time together. It also outlines the consequences that students will face if expectations are not met.
- Jobs Guidelines - this breaks down the different jobs that students are asked to do as part of their literature circle. The jobs are: Super Summarizer, Vivid Visualizer, Discussion Director, and Colorful Connector.
- Group Schedule - this is a form for groups to use to map out their entire novel, prior to reading. For each day of meeting, there is a space to record what the reading is, and who has each job.
- Personal Response Guidelines - This outlines exactly what is expected of students in their personal responses each night.
- Jobs/Response Sheet - this is a recording sheet for students to do their jobs and personal responses each night.
- Reading and Job Homework bookmark - this is a chart that, after being filled out, can be lamniated and used as a bookmark. Students can keep it in their lit. circle novel and always know exactly what they need to do.