Literature Circles are a great way to allow students to have some choice in what they read while having them work collaboratively in small groups.
This bundle includes the following:
1. Fully customizable PowerPoint that provides an overview of how the Lit. Circles will function
2. Outline for each group to complete
3. Job Descriptions (Summary) to use as a reminder
4. Job Descriptions (Detailed) to use as a handout
Here is how I have used Lit Circles in my class:
1. Display the "How To" PowerPoint which includes a Book Talk or Book Tasting of the novel options.
2. Students vote on their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of books
3. Students are divided into groups based on their choices
4. Students divide their book into 5 sections and assign a timeline for completing each section
5. Students then assign a job for each group member for each of the 5 sections. (All group members will perform all 5 jobs).
6. Students then read their assigned book and complete their assigned jobs.
7. The project culminates in a PowerPoint and presentation to the class including submitting their individual job assignments.