If you use chapter books and literature circles, you will love the resources in this packet! It covers a 10-day teaching cycle, and comes with everything you need (except the books, of course) to engage your students with this delightful book by Bill Wallace and published by Aladdin Fiction.
Common core comprehension strategies like cause/effect, inference, questioning strategies, character traits - and more - receive the focus.
If project-based learning is your thing, there are 9 possible end-of-the-book projects, too.
* complete lesson plans specific to core reading comprehension strategies
* scripted and detailed plans so the group can be led by a teacher, parent, or para-professional
* assignment sheet for student with book broken into 10 days
* assessment sheet for teacher to record points for participation and comprehension activities
* 8 comprehension activities with graphic organizers
* 9 possible projects for end-of-book activity
Please note: we do NOT include questions specific to the book itself. We love reading it along with the students, and hope you will, too.
The lesson plans are very structured, however, with the focus on comprehension, student input and collaboration, and projects that can be assigned for homework or used in class. Just how easy is it for paras or parent volunteers to use our lesson plans? Every year we get parents in our grade (who have already been through Lit Circles with us) begging us to please do Lit Circles again this year. Many parents who have helped in the past are repeat group leaders - yes, it is that much fun!
Be sure to check back soon as we add additional titles!
It All Started with Flubber