PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Literature circles are an engaging way to get students actively discussing and evaluating great literature in your class! It is a fantastic addition to your balanced literacy program.
After the first month or so of school, the children in my class are eager participants in literary circles throughout the year.
This packet has everything you need to get started with literary circles in your classroom!
What’s in this packet?
* 4 anchor charts:
- “Expectations for Literature Circles”
- “Literature Role Descriptions”
- “Questions for Literary Circles”- Thin vs. Thick questions - “Asking Thick Questions”
* Teacher record sheet for literature groups
* 6 role cards
* 12 discussion starter cards
* Literature Circle student packets- includes rubric, schedule sheet,
and a response page for each role
* Literature Circle Response Log
* Bookmarks for jotting down vocabulary and ideas as the students read
* Literature Circle student reflection form
Enjoy exploring the depths of great literature with your students!