This download includes everything you will need to incorporate literature circles in your 3-5 classroom. All you need is the novel of your choice! Students will be engaged in their reading when they complete the following tasks:
1) Connection Maker: students will make connections throughout their readings. Students will make the following connections: text-to-text, text-to-self, and text-to-world
2) Super Summarizer: students will summarize their readings
3) Illustrate This!: students will choose an important event from their assigned readings and illustrate the scene
4) Hey! Problem Solver: students will list at least two problems presented in their assigned readings and briefly describe how they would solve the problem
5) Element Writer: students will use information gained from their readings to identify the setting and their favorite character from their readings. A space is provided for them to record their illustration of what they think their character would look like.
6) Write a Letter: students will write a letter to the author of the novel. The letter can summarize their favorite part of the book for the assigned readings, recommendations for future novels, ways they would change this novel, getting to know you, or anything they wish! Students will be encouraged to follow the proper guidelines for letter writing.
I've also included a *BONUS* activity for you literature groups. When the novel is complete your students will have the opportunity to create an alternate ending to the novel and present it to the class!