The Literature Circle Unit is complete, easy to use for book clubs, covers the key elements of literature, and is perfect for students to practice speaking and listening skills. With over 50 printable pages and a wide variety or literature circle roles, the complete unit for book clubs is all you'll need to successfully run literature circles for any novel.
If you're thinking about starting book clubs or you're looking for ways to improve on your last experience, this product is just what you need. Each activity is meaningful for students and shows their progress throughout the novel. All you'll need to do is select the novels. Each page can be easily modified to meet student needs, and the entire unit addresses many of the Common Core Standards. Just print and go!
Included in this comprehensive resource you'll find the following:
- 6-pages of teacher directions and ways to simplify the process
- Student directions for participating
- 30+ pages of student packet options
- Differentiated final project options
- Reflection page
- Discussion starter stems
- Self-monitoring checks
- Observation checks
- 3-pages of novels that work and their reading levels and page break down for meetings
- Posters for display
- Directions on how to ask a higher-level thinking question
What teachers are saying about this resource:
"Nothing short of excellent! My students really took ownership of their literature group experience. Thank you for creating an excellent resource!"
"Moving my reading focus group from a book club format to a literature circle format was the best instructional decision I made last year. These activities were perfect. We practiced each role using a familiar book we've all read, and made sure they understood their roles. Then we picked our books and worked as teams to read and hold a literature circle. This 30 minutes was easily my most favorite part of the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
"Wow! I purchased this a while ago but withs snow days it took me a while to complete with my 4th graders. This was awesome!! I wasn't sure if it would be too hard but they really rocked it! We did everything like you instructed (including snacks, etc.). The kids really enjoyed this activity and I thank you for the hard work it took to put together. I had each student make their own notebook just for this unit to stay organized so it taught them organization as well. Thanks for sharing!!"
"This makes literature circles a breeze! My students love the various jobs they can choose from and are so excited for their literature circles. Thank you!"
"This made my first experience of literature circles in my book club very stress free. Can't wait to get started again next week."
You might also enjoy these products:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. All new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Be the first to know!