Literature Circles Roles Job Sheets Rubrics and More!
Literature Circles roles, job sheets, rubrics, activities and more are all included in this Literature Circles Made Simple resource!
Get literature circles up and running with ease in your 2nd-4th grade classroom! Many 5th grade teachers also use this resource for students that are new to literature circles, or that need a little extra support.
Job sheets are written in kid-friendly language, making it easy for students to complete their jobs independently! Differentiated versions of EVERY job sheet are also included, making it easy for all of your students to participate successfully.
Be sure to read LITERATURE CIRCLES 101 to see how I get literature circles running in my classroom!
Here's What's Included in this comprehensive resource!
- 8 Different Literature Circles Job Sheets:
- -Artistic Artist: Illustrates what was read and includes a caption.
- -Creative Connector: Connects with the text either by text-to-text, text-to-self, or text-to-world connections. Illustration section included!
- -Discussion Director: Comes up with questions for group discussion, facilitates discussion and writes notes about group time.
- -Passage Predictor: Predicts what will happen next at certain stopping points during reading time. Illustration section included!
- -Super Summarizer: Records the main events, characters and setting in the story. Illustration section included!
- -Word Wizard: Identifies new, fun, or unusual words in the text. Looks for the part of speech and definitions in the dictionary and then gets to create their own sentence and illustration!
- -Spotlight Seeker (for grades 4 & 5): Find phrases or paragraphs to "spotlight" and share with group. Illustrates passage chosen!
- -Events Evaluator (for grades 4 & 5): Chooses and event or events to evaluate, giving an opinion about them. Illustrates event(s) too!
PLUS MULTIPLE DIFFERENTIATED VERSIONS OF THE JOB SHEETS!
- Google Slides™ Job Sheets: All job slides are included in a digital format. Assign students their job slide to fill in electronically.
- Job Slides: Eight different job slides included for you to display on the large screen. This really helps when teaching each individual job.
- Google Slides™ Job Slides: An easy way to present the different job slides right from your Google Drive.
- Literature Circles Notebook Covers & Group Agenda Slides
- Group Rubrics: A rubric sheet for each member of the literature circle group to use to rate each other. It is based on participation/doing job, paying attention, and reading aloud.
- Student Planning Page: Helps students keep track of pages to read and assignment for next lit. circle meeting. Different options included!
- Job Planning Pages: A way to pre-assign student jobs before lit. circles begin.
- Google Slides™ Planning Pages: All planning pages are included in a Google Slides version. This way you can electronically plan and print out groups, student jobs, etc.
- Literature Circle Discussion Tic-Tac-Toe: This activity is handy for group discussion time. The discussion director chooses three boxes in a row (tic-tac-toe) to facilitate group discussion. A blank board is included, too, so you can write your own questions!
- Lit. Messages: Two versions of "Lit. Messages" are included, which students use during reading. They are short-hand messages similar to text messages. Students jot down their message on a post-it and stick it on the corresponding page. After reading, students can share their messages during discussion time. These are also great to teach your students and use during social studies and science reading. Color and black and white versions included!
- Literature Circle Bookmarks: This is a great tool for teaching/reminding students of their jobs while reading.
- Book Activities: Three bonus activities for students!
- Literature Circles Job Posters: Easily display student job icons in the classroom!
- Making Connection Posters: Multiple designs to choose from! These posters are a must-have display in your classroom when running literature circles!
**I have added job sheet pages with an alternate spelling for "Super Summarizer," to now include "Super Summariser," too!
***Just a friendly reminder that this product is for . That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc…is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. This product may not be used for commercial use in any way, including Outschool or any other online platform for monetary gain. This product is a
© All rights reserved. Erin Lane. www.Inspired Elementary.com